Pattern approval examination
The pattern approval examination of measuring instruments involves:
- determination of metrological and technical characteristics of a measuring instrument, including accuracy figures expressed in terms of units permitted for use in the Russian Federation;
- identification of software and assessment of its impact on the metrological characteristics of a measuring instrument (if any);
- development or selection of a calibration procedure and its testing;
- determination of in-use testing intervals;
- design analysis of a measuring instrument to determine access limits to certain parts of a measuring instrument (including software) in order to prevent unauthorized configuration and intervention which may distort the measurement results;
- verification of compliance with the mandatory requirements for a measuring instrument, including requirements for its component parts, software, and operating conditions.